At The Smile Spa, we pride ourselves on the exceptional service we offer our clients and the professional environment we practice within. All our patients receive a first class customer service, focussed on patient care and wellbeing and lot’s of our patients arrive via recommendation.
New patients begin their journey with a complimentary consultation with our Treatment Co-ordinator, who is medically trained and who will assess your requirements and obtain vital information regarding your medical and oral health.
Should you decide to explore further, you will be advised to have an examination with the most appropriate Clinican to investigate your oral health in great detail, so we assess what is required both aesthetically (how you would like your smile to look) and restoratively (essential maintenance to get you back to peak oral fitness).
We promise to:
- Welcome you into a caring and professional environment.
- Be polite, courteous, open and honest at all times.
- Treat our patients as individuals and address them accordingly.
- Avoid third party interruptions or distractions to ensure we provide our full and undivided attention.
- Clearly describe and explain the nature of your treatment and provide written confirmation of costs where appropriate.
- Be mindful of the need for confidentiality.
- Deal with complaints or similar situations with discretion and absolute professionalism.
- Try our very best to keep on time.
We ask you to:
- Look after the dental work we provide, following all instructions given.
- Attend all appointments as requested.
- Give at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment, in order to avoid a charge.
- Pay for treatment as and when requested: We accept cash, cheques, debit and credit cards. Finance options are also available.
- Tell us about any concerns that you may have with any aspect of your treatment so that we can respond efficiently to resolve any problems.
- Kindly recommend us to others if you are happy with the service we provide. We would be delighted to welcome your colleagues, friends and family.
We specialise in the treatment of anxious patients, offering a relaxing and caring environment. Sedation is also available for extremely nervous patients.
A comfort menu is presented to ensure you are relaxed and happy during treatment. Menu options include:
- Listening to your favourite music on an iPod
- Watching a DVD
- Selecting preferred Room Temperature
- Lip Balm
- Tempura neck pillow
- Snuggle blanket
- Aromatherapy Oil
- Nu Calm
- IV Sedation
Whatever your choice, we want to be sure you are relaxed and happy!
Our practice team is committed to providing our patients with the highest standards of care. However, we appreciate there may be occasions when we fail to meet patient expectations. Should be this be the case and you feel it is necessary to then raise a complaint, you may expect your concerns to be dealt with as follows:-
- If it is a simple matter then we trust this can be resolved immediately and without the need for further referral.
- If the complaint is received in writing or by telephone, we will issue a written acknowledgement within 48 hours.
- We will then make every effort to investigate your complaint and provide a written response within 10 working days.
- In the event of an unavoidable delay, we will notify you, giving the reasons and also the likely date for its completion.
Our aim is to ensure you are entirely satisfied with the outcome of any complaint investigations.
What is a complaint?
At Portman Dentalcare we pride ourselves on the high quality of care we provide our patients. We aim to look after you as we wish to be looked after ourselves. However, if you have any concerns or comments regarding your dental care, which you wish to raise, we will address these as a matter of priority.
How do I complain?
A complaint may be verbal or written and may be made to any member of the practice team.
How will my complaint be handled?
A verbal complaint will be immediately logged and we will try and resolve your concerns at the time. If appropriate, the Practice Manager, will be able to discuss your complaint to try and resolve the situation for you. As all of our clinicians operate as independent practitioners, any complaint concerning clinical care will be immediately passed to your treating clinician. Regarding a verbal complaint over your care, the treating clinician should be available to discuss and resolve your concerns.
You may make a complaint in writing to the practice, Practice Manager or practitioner. Your complaint will be handled as outlined below.
If we anticipate any delays in providing a full response, you will be notified and kept updated every ten working days of the progress of your complaint.
What do I do if I’m not satisfied with the complaints process?
If you are not happy with how your complaint has been handled then our Complaints Manager, Dr Laura Hunter, can be contacted at email@example.com
What do I do if I’m not satisfied with the outcome?
If your care was proved under an NHS contract, and you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact NHS England
By post to:
PO Box 16738
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your care was provided privately, and you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you may contact the Dental Complaints Service
- By post to: Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, CR0 6BA
- By email to: email@example.com
If you remain dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint then the Parliamentary Health and Service Ombudsman can be contacted on 0345 015 4033.