At The Smile Spa, we pride ourselves on the exceptional service we offer our clients and the professional environment we practice within. All our patients receive a first class customer service, focussed on patient care and wellbeing and lot’s of our patients arrive via recommendation.
New patients begin their journey with a complimentary consultation with our Treatment Co-ordinator, who is medically trained and who will assess your requirements and obtain vital information regarding your medical and oral health.
Should you decide to explore further, you will be advised to have an examination with the most appropriate Clinican to investigate your oral health in great detail, so we assess what is required both aesthetically (how you would like your smile to look) and restoratively (essential maintenance to get you back to peak oral fitness).
We promise to:
- Welcome you into a caring and professional environment.
- Be polite, courteous, open and honest at all times.
- Treat our patients as individuals and address them accordingly.
- Avoid third party interruptions or distractions to ensure we provide our full and undivided attention.
- Clearly describe and explain the nature of your treatment and provide written confirmation of costs where appropriate.
- Be mindful of the need for confidentiality.
- Deal with complaints or similar situations with discretion and absolute professionalism.
- Try our very best to keep on time.
We ask you to:
- Look after the dental work we provide, following all instructions given.
- Attend all appointments as requested.
- Give at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment, in order to avoid a charge.
- Pay for treatment as and when requested: We accept cash, cheques, debit and credit cards. Finance options are also available.
- Tell us about any concerns that you may have with any aspect of your treatment so that we can respond efficiently to resolve any problems.
- Kindly recommend us to others if you are happy with the service we provide. We would be delighted to welcome your colleagues, friends and family.
We specialise in the treatment of anxious patients, offering a relaxing and caring environment. Sedation is also available for extremely nervous patients.
A comfort menu is presented to ensure you are relaxed and happy during treatment. Menu options include:
- Listening to your favourite music on an iPod
- Watching a DVD
- Selecting preferred Room Temperature
- Lip Balm
- Tempura neck pillow
- Snuggle blanket
- Aromatherapy Oil
- Nu Calm
- IV Sedation
Whatever your choice, we want to be sure you are relaxed and happy!
Our practice team is committed to providing our patients with the highest standards of care. However, we appreciate there may be occasions when we fail to meet patient expectations. Should be this be the case and you feel it is necessary to then raise a complaint, you may expect your concerns to be dealt with as follows:-
- If it is a simple matter then we trust this can be resolved immediately and without the need for further referral.
- If the complaint is received in writing or by telephone, we will issue a written acknowledgement within 48 hours.
- We will then make every effort to investigate your complaint and provide a written response within 10 working days.
- In the event of an unavoidable delay, we will notify you, giving the reasons and also the likely date for its completion.
Our aim is to ensure you are entirely satisfied with the outcome of any complaint investigations.
Complaining about private dental treatment
If you wish to make a complaint about private dental services, contact the Dental Complaints Service.
This service is funded by the General Dental Council, which sets out standards of conduct for and regulates all dental professionals in the UK.
You can call the Dental Complaints Service on 08456 120 540 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm), or fill out the complaint form on their website.