Facial Aesthetics in Stockton
Facial aesthetics is an extension of dentistry today. At The Smile Spa, Stockton we offer the latest in skin treatments, wrinkle relaxation and facial rejuvenation techniques including anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers, mesotherapy and skin peels to create a natural rejuvenated result that complements your smile.
Dr Susan Andrews and Dr Susan Hunter both provide a FREE consultation for any of the skin treatments we offer, to understand your requirements whilst assessing the suitability of your skin for facial treatments.
People from all walks of life have these procedures carried out including men and women of all ages. At The Smile Spa we pride ourselves on providing a discrete service with natural looking results. So choose The Smile Spa for a fresher version of yourself. The best part is, no one need know, after all it’s only an appointment at the dentist!
What causes the skin to age?
It is important to look at skin health because skin slows down its ability to produce good collagen and elasticity from the age of 28. The younger you look, the better you feel about yourself. But ageing is an unstoppable process and, as the body ages, the appearance and characteristics of our skin change. Age, hormones, sun exposure, smoking all have part to play, causing fine lines and wrinkles. Skin feels more fragile and less elastic. As our age increases the hyaluronic acid (HA) content of our skin decreases causing us to retain less water. The oil-producing (sebaceous) glands become less active, and our skin becomes drier. The skin also loses fat, so it looks less plump and smooth and it also loses its youthful colour and glow. While all these changes are taking place, gravity is also at work, pulling at the skin, causing it to sag.
There are two major components of facial ageing:
- Dynamic lines which form only when moving the muscle, like a frown for example.
- Static lines, which are wrinkles that have become ingrained into the skin due to volume loss.
Treating both of these main components of facial ageing leads to natural, balanced and refined outcomes:
- Wrinkle relaxing injections relax hyperactive muscles and therefore treats dynamic facial lines.
- Facial fillers replaces lost volume and treats static facial lines by replenishing the natural collagen and elastin found in the skin.
- Micro needling stimulates the growth of collagen and elastin, which creates a smooth and even skin tone.
- Skin peels remove dead cells from the surface, whilst penetrating deeper to stimulate the production of collagen. Skin feels smoother, fresher and firmer.
- Mesotherapy involves using micro injections to apply natural ingredients already found in the skin, such as vitamins, amino-acids, minerals and hyaluronic acid, leaving the skin luminescent, hydrated, nourished, and firmer.
Lip fillers (or dermal fillers) are injections used to fill out any creases or imperfections in the skin whilst creating a fuller, natural smile. These help to increase the volume and definition of your lips giving you a more desirable finished effect. In using a collagen based filler, this works purely by plumping the lip for a natural, plump pout.